Escape the Empire is a downloadable kit that transforms your living room into a galactic adventure. Through five missions and two team challenges, players work together to save their fellow members of the OMEGA SQUADRON from the clutches of the EVIL EMPIRE!
The game can be played at home, or remotely over Zoom with loved ones! It involves cutting out props, assembling objects, and travelling through all kinds of mazes and logic puzzles.
Escape the Empire is a creative and immersive way to spend time with your loved ones! Turn this time of social isolation into an adventure with friends!
TELL ME MORE!!!
What supplies do I need?
- Scissors, tape, and pen/markers for everyone
Do I need a printer?
You need some way to get the PDF printed. A home printer is fine. You can also send the file to a copy center and they can print it. (They are generally still open!) Your download link will include both a color and a black and white option.
How long is the game?
- It depends on your style – are you a competitive, beat the clock type? Or are you looking to streeeetch this activity to fill your stay-at-home time?
- The game has 5 missions and 2 team challenges, and can be paused at any point to meet your group’s needs.
- Two hours is an average play time, but it really depends on the participants!
What ages? How hard is the game?
- It’s great for adults of all ages.
- Generally, younglings over 12 years old will enjoy the puzzles the most, and adult help will make the experience more exciting for the younger kids.
- The game is meant to be enjoyed – not break your brain. It includes a detailed cheat sheet at the end that walks you through the puzzle answers.
How many teams? Do we have to play in person?
- The game is written with four characters, which can be divided up and played by any number of players – simply print more copies.
- The game can be played remotely! Have everyone print out a copy and work through the puzzles together.
Do I need to be a Star Wars trivia buff to play?
Nope! This is a stand-alone space adventure. Of course, the story does has plenty of clever references, but is filled with logic puzzles, fun challenges, and codes to break – not trivia. This is a fan-created game with it’s own distinct set of characters and planets – we’re not affiliated with, authorized or endorsed by, or connected with Disney Enterprises, Inc. Definitely feel free to dress up, put on your favorite music or movie to enliven your experience!