More About the Game
Escape from Goblin Grove is a downloadable kit that transforms your living room into a magical adventure!
Your team has entered this year’s school competition, The Goblin Grove Games. You will need to use all your ingenuity, creativity, and silliness to win the Games and achieve eternal glory!
Choose our 1st Year version for younger wand-carriers under 10 years old, or the 7th Year version for more experienced spell-casters! The game can be played at home, or remotely over Zoom! It involves choosing your own adventure through a story, using magic, and solving logic puzzles.
Escape from Goblin Grove is a LOL-filled and immersive way to spend time with your loved ones – grab your kit today!
How does it work?
- Choose your kit: either download version or the physical copy, and either the 1st year version (great for younger wand-carriers under 10) or 7th year version (great for the more experienced spell-casters). They are the same adventure with different levels of Puzzle complexity.
2. All the game instructions are included, including set up instructions.
a. If you ordered the download version, we immediately email you a download link. (Check your SPAM folder if you don’t see it!) Then simply download the kit and print!
- b. If you ordered the physical version, a GORGEOUS full color copy will be mailed to you within 2-3 business days PLUS you’ll receive free access to the instant download in case you’d like to print extra copies! First batch will be mailed 12/14/20 – plenty of time for a holiday gift!!
What supplies do I need?
- Scissors, tape, and pen/markers for everyone
Do I need a printer?
If you choose the downloadable version: You need some way to get the PDF printed. A home printer is fine. You can also send the file to a copy center and they can print it.
If you choose the physical version: No printer necessary on your part, but you’ll also get an email with access to the downloadable version in case you’d like to print multiple copies for your team.
How long is the game?
- It depends on your style – are you a competitive, beat the clock type? Or are you looking to streeeetch this activity to fill your stay-at-home time? Two hours is an average play time, but it really depends on the participants!
What ages? How hard is the game?
- 1st Year Version – has more explicit puzzle directions, better for folks under 10.
- 7th Year Version – makes you work a little harder to solve the puzzles.
- The main story is the same for both versions, and s meant to be enjoyed – not break your brain. It includes a detailed online cheat sheet that provides both hints and full puzzle answers.
How many teams? Do we have to play in person?
- We think 2-8 people seems ideal. This gives everyone a chance to participate (you can print out as many copies as you like, so that everyone can be working together!)
- The game can be played remotely! Have everyone print out a copy and work through the puzzles together.
Do I need to be a Harry Potter trivia buff to play?
Nope! This is a stand-alone adventure. Of course, the story does has plenty of clever references, but is filled with logic puzzles, fun challenges, and codes to break – not trivia. This is a fan-created game with it’s own distinct set of characters and locations- we’re not affiliated with, authorized or endorsed by, or connected with Warner Brothers. Definitely feel free to dress up, put on your favorite music or movie to enliven your experience!
Can I share the game?
When you order the game, you can play it with all your friends, as many times you like! If you enjoy it, I’d be grateful if you shared the website with your peeps, so they can order their own copy.
Does this work as a gift?
You bet! If you chose the downloaded version, simply forward the email to your gift recipient! OR, order a physical copy, and add a note for where you want the game mailed – easy!
Blast! I can’t find the game/am having problems/have another question!
The game will be automatically emailed to you when your order is complete. Check your spam folder to make sure it didn’t get lost. If you have trouble beyond that, feel free to email me – firstname.lastname@example.org
Hogwarts is for Everybody!
St. Louis Fantasy Maps stands for inclusion, justice, and resistance against this kind of oppression. We will continue to play in this magical world, and also to speak out against this type of oppression.
As of August 2020, we will begin donating a portion of our profits from *all* our wizarding-inspired designs and Treasure Hunts to the St. Louis Metro Trans Umbrella Group.
For more info on JK Rowling’s statements, responses from the trans and ally communities, and action information click here!