Escape the Empire is a downloadable kit that transforms your living room into a galactic adventure. Through five missions and two team challenges, players work together to save their fellow members of the OMEGA SQUADRON from the clutches of the EVIL EMPIRE!
The game can be played at home, or remotely over Zoom with loved ones! It involves cutting out props, assembling objects, and travelling through all kinds of mazes and logic puzzles.
Escape the Empire is a creative and immersive way to spend time with your loved ones – grab your kit today!
How does it work?
- Purchase the kit, and choose whether you’d prefer the download version or the physical copy
2. All the game instructions are included, including set up instructions (available here if you want a head start: “Before Your Mission“)
a. If you ordered the download version, we immediately email you a download link. (Check your SPAM folder if you don’t see it!) Then simply download the kit and print
- b. If you ordered the physical version, your game will be mailed to you within 1-2 days!
What supplies do I need?
- Scissors, tape, and pen/markers for everyone
Do I need a printer?
If you choose the downloadable version: Yes, You need some way to get the PDF printed. A home printer is fine. You can also send the file to a copy center and they can print it. (They are generally still open!) Your download link will include both a color and a black and white option.
If you choose the physical version: I print and mail you a beautiful color version of the game, no printer necessary on your part!
How long is the game?
- It depends on your style – are you a competitive, beat the clock type? Or are you looking to streeeetch this activity to fill your stay-at-home time?
- The game has 5 missions and 2 team challenges, and can be paused at any point to meet your group’s needs.
- Two hours is an average play time, but it really depends on the participants!
What ages? How hard is the game?
- It’s great for adults of all ages.
- Generally, younglings over 12 years old will enjoy the puzzles the most, and adult help will make the experience more exciting for the younger kids.
- The game is meant to be enjoyed – not break your brain. It includes a detailed cheat sheet at the end that walks you through the puzzle answers.
How many teams? Do we have to play in person?
- The game is written with four characters, which can be divided up and played by any number of players – simply print more copies.
- The game can be played remotely! Have everyone print out a copy and work through the puzzles together.
Do I need to be a Star Wars trivia buff to play?
Nope! This is a stand-alone space adventure. Of course, the story does has plenty of clever references, but is filled with logic puzzles, fun challenges, and codes to break – not trivia. This is a fan-created game with it’s own distinct set of characters and planets – we’re not affiliated with, authorized or endorsed by, or connected with Disney Enterprises, Inc. Definitely feel free to dress up, put on your favorite music or movie to enliven your experience!
Can I share the game?
When you order the game, you can play it with all your friends, as many times you like! If you enjoy it, I’d be grateful if you shared the website with your peeps, so they can order their own copy. This is my only source of income due to the COVID-19 situation, and every credit helps!
Does this work as a gift?
You bet! If you chose the downloaded version, simply forward the email to your gift recipient! And feel free to use photos and game descriptions from our Escape the Empire Gift page !
OR, order a physical copy, and add a note for where you want the game mailed – easy!
Blast! I can’t find the game/am having problems/have another question!
The game will be automatically emailed to you when your order is complete. Check your spam folder to make sure it didn’t get lost. The email will have a link to two documents – black/white, and color. If you have trouble beyond that, feel free to email me – firstname.lastname@example.org